Do you feel like your bedroom has been the same for too long? Have you tried redesigning it, but have failed to achieve the results that you desired?
A well-decorated bedroom is a place where you can always feel comfortable and calm. With this in mind, here are six ways to make your space more welcoming by giving it a fresh new look:
1) Try out different colors on the walls.
You might want white or cream for those days when all of life’s stresses have caught up with you so that everything appears brighter around you. When feeling energized and ready to take on anything, go bolder like reds, which will stimulate creativity and give an air of excitement about tackling challenges head-on! There’s no need to be confined strictly within one color, either; try adding pops of fun shades into the room with colorful pillows or bedding sets that won’t clash but will make the space more lively.
2) Use the curtains creatively.
Everyone has that one set of luxurious, expensive, and beautiful-looking curtain panels in their bedroom but doesn’t know how to use them to their full potential! You can keep your bed from being on show all night by using a panel or two as an overhead canopy when you’re sleeping at night; alternatively, aim for a lighter look by using the curtains both on the window and as a bed canopy.
3) Add some greenery.
The bedroom is the one room that we spend a lot of time in, but often neglect to make it feel nice and refreshing with plants or flowers! A small pot plant next to your bed will liven up any living space like no other, while also providing an excellent focal point for you to enjoy when reading before going to sleep.
Some plants might be more suitable for the bedroom than others, and we’ve tried to compile a list of some that you should consider:
- Spider Plant – If you have pets or small children in your home, then this is the one plant for you. It requires very little water (sometimes only once every two weeks) and is easy to take care of.
- Hanging plants – These are perfect for those who live in a small space or just want that extra touch of nature inside their bedroom. They’re great if you need some living decoration, and they don’t require much maintenance either.
- Aloe Plant – This one’s an all-rounder; it needs very little water and is also an excellent plant for those who love to go green on a budget.
- Snake Plant – This one will last you years before ever needing replacing! It’s not quite as expensive, but that doesn’t mean that it isn’t just as beautiful or functional in your space.
4) Find a new purpose for your bed.
Most bedrooms are designed with the intention of being sleep zones, but why not redesign them so that you can turn them into an office during the day? It’s such a waste to have these beautiful-looking and comfortable beds hidden away all day when they could be put to better use! If this is something that you’re interested in, then check out these four awesome ways to redesign your bedroom so that it can be used for working on the go:
- Desk Bed – If space is at a premium, this option might work well for you! It’s just two pieces of furniture and an inexpensive desk (or use one from around the house). The “bed” is often a couch or futon that can be folded out into a bed.
- Murphy Bed – This design has been around since the early 1900s, but it’s back in fashion these days thanks to its practicality! It’s great for small spaces because there are no real storage issues, and you don’t have to worry about walking around a bulky bed when you’re trying to get some work done.
- Hideaway Bed – This is probably the most common redesign for bedrooms these days, thanks to its versatility and comfort! You can make it even more functional by adding in drawers, shelves, or either end of the bed so that storage isn’t an issue.
- Cardboard Desk – This redesign is perfect for those who want to work on the go but have a limited budget! It’s only made from cardboard and other inexpensive supplies, so it won’t cost much at all.
5) Try a new layout.
It’s easy to get stuck in your ways with the way that you design, but don’t be afraid of redesigning! Try something totally different and exciting like having your bed on the opposite side of where it is usually or changing up how much space there is between items such as furniture pieces. This will make for an interesting and different look that will have you feeling fresh again!
6) Changing pillows and bedding with new colors, patterns, or textures.
Think about your bedroom as a blank canvas for self-expression. Changing pillows and bedding with new colors, patterns, or textures is an easy way to change up the mood of the room without having to completely redecorate. You can do something subtle like adding some throw cushions in different hues on top of sheets that you already love – giving them more depth than just white linen underneath. Or go all out by swapping out old gray duvet covers and those dated black pillowcases for fresh whites ones instead; it’s such an elegant switch that will make even darker bedrooms feel light again!
6) Create mood lighting.
Decorations are great and all, but redesigning your bedroom doesn’t have to be costly! There are loads of ways that you can redesign your space, simply by adding in some DIY decorations like mood lights or stickers on the walls. Mood lights come in a range of different colors (for both day and night) as well as various settings, and they’re really affordable too.
A redesign is something that can be done in any way you want and with anything you need. If there’s a certain theme or style of your bedroom that you’re going for, then just redesign it to fit those needs as well as possible. Whether this means taking the time to redesign the layout of the whole room or just redesigning your bed, it’s always worth taking some time to make sure that you’re happy with how things are.