Window cleaning is an important way of bringing life inside your home because windows allow sunlight through during any time of day as well as let air circulate better when closed up tight at night. However, over time dirt will build on the surface either from pollution outside or dust that floats around living spaces constantly, which often leads people who are afraid about germs being spread throughout their homes without even knowing where they came from to opting out entirely (which means more work falls onto those willing!).
In this blog post, we will explore the best ways to clean windows so that your home remains bright and beautiful!
Window Cleaning Tips
Don’t wait too long before taking care of the smudges and streaks. The longer you wait, the more difficult it will be to remove them.
Use a cheap and effective window cleaning solution like Windex or vinegar and water in each spray bottle that holds at least 32 oz of liquid, so they’re ready for use when needed. Spray on the glass surface evenly using small circular motions, then use paper towels to dry.
If there are a lot of streaks, use a razor blade or wrap an old t-shirt around your hand and gently scrub. This will remove the best results for stubborn smudges.
The Best Time to Clean Windows
A good time to clean windows is on a cloudy day or when they are wet from the rain. Avoid cleaning your window in direct sunlight because this will cause more smudges and streaks. A squeegee or microfiber cloth is the best way to do this quickly, easily, and thoroughly. Use one side to wipe down the glass surface while creating pressure on the edges of the window frame until it’s dry. Then use the other side for wiping the other way.
There are many ways to best clean windows
- Take a cloth and wipe the window with the cloth from top to bottom, making sure that it’s streak-free.
- For stubborn dirt, use a window cleaner and soak your cloth in it. Then wipe the window with the wet cloth.
- If you have reached an area where there is lots of dirt or grit, use a sponge or newspaper on top of your wet cloth. You can also use this technique for stubborn dirt like juice spills on wooden surfaces.
- The best way to remove sticky residue is by using vegetable oil because it breaks down the adhesive residue. Place it on your cloth and rub in circles over the spot until the residue is gone.
- After you are done cleaning your window, dry it with a towel to prevent water spots from reappearing.
- Use a squeegee or microfiber cloth to best clean windows.
- Use dish soap when needed and vinegar in all spray bottles for best results.
It is easy to overlook the importance of clean windows, but they are key in not only providing an unobstructed view and fresh air for your home, but also increasing comfort.
Many people don’t consider how important it can be to have a beautiful view from their window without obstruction or having sheltering warmth around them as well.
If you are considering changing or having new windows, you can check Stock Windows and Doors for timber and aluminum options.